EVERY impression counts
Pioneered by Lasercomb Group, our range of class leading Braille tooling solutions are designed to maximise the Braille dot shape & height ensuring European standards are achieved with minimum change over times and reduced patching up on press.
Lasercomb Group has been at the forefront of Braille tooling development for well over a decade, we design and manufacturer tooling for both flat bed and rotary Braille systems notably for the Bobst Accu-Braille. All of the tooling enables blind and partially sighted consumers to “read” product descriptions and usage instructions on products.
Developed initially for pharmaceutical use, Braille embossing is designed for use on all carton and label based products to help open up markets for the disabled and keep them informed and safe!
Lasercomb Braille systems – These are tailor made to exact requirements with a range of options and specifications available to suit your individual requirements. All our male forces and female blocks are CNC machined to give our customers a first class dot shape and profile in their finished product. The tooling systems are designed to reduce make-ready times and enable fast change over from one Braille variance to another which is vital when there can be hundreds of Braille variants on the same die tool.
Lasercomb magnetic Braille system was the first of its kind in Europe, this has had a major impact on both reducing tooling costs and make-ready times. The introduction of the Lasercomb magnetic Braille system enables the end user to purchase 1 set of counter matrix & one thin cutting plate (specially designed for the process) for multiple Braille variants and most importantly one make ready and one patch sheet rather than a set of counter matrix & a cutting plate and a patch sheet and accompanying make ready for each Braille variant.
Lasercomb digital inspection system – designed by Lasercomb to complement our hand inspection processes, the digital system checks the force by overlaying the image over the clients file to ensure that the dots match. An inspection certificate is issued with each set of Braille confirming the check results and adds further confidence in what has been supplied.
- Lasercomb Braille tailor made to exact customer specifications
- Designed to give Lasercomb Braille Fast – fit quick and accurate registration between the male & female tool locating within the counter matrix
- Lasercomb Braille Slide – Fit Enables both fast change over from one Braille variance to another whilst offering the added security of the slide – fit force and counter.
- Lasercomb Braille – Magnetic For designs with multiple Braille variances this system allows for fast Braille force changes & works in conjunction with standard counter matrix.
- Lasercomb Accu-Braille Our CNC machined force is designed to work in conjunction with the Bobst Accu-Braille system and produce a high quality dot.
- Lasercomb Roto-Braille Our CNC machined male & female tool is designed to work in conjunction with the Cava Roto-Braille system producing a high quality dot. effectiveness
- Lasercomb Braille systems – A combination of our design; innovation and our CNC technology enables us to tailor Braille heights & dots profiles to give our customers the exact Braille dot shape they require.
- Pre- positioned into our cutting dies to allow for single pass die-cut Braille embossing
- Our systems minimise make-ready times for designs with multiple Braille variances.
- A Digital checking system is applied to all male forces to ensure that our tooling complies with our customer’s files.
- An inspection sheet is supplied with all forces.
- A standard visual inspection is also undertaken
- A range of dot shapes is available including domed, conical and flat-top.
- Based upon the new European standard for finished Braille dot heights we have developed a system that generates a high dot whilst removing the signs of bursting on the board surface.
- The best Braille embossing systems are available only from Lasercomb